Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Reading Diary Week 12 English Aesop Fables Cont.

This is the second half of the readings for the week over the English version of Aesop's Fables by Sir Roger L'Estrange,  Sir Brooke Boothby and James Davies.

The second half was probably my favorite part, simply because there were three whole sections over dogs. First of all, I found the titles of the different sections really funny. The title "Yet More Dogs" actually made me laugh out loud because I'm pretty sure the author was just thinking "Well, we have "Dogs" and "More Dogs", so might as well make the next one "Yet More Dogs"". I like how they used humor in naming each of the fables. My favorite section is probably "Dogs", because of the story "The Faithful House-Dog". 

"The Faithful House-dog" is about a man who tries to trick a dog to leave his owner's house. The dog isn't fooled though, and stays with is owners. I also really like the next story, "The Dog and the Crocodile". The crocodile tries to trick the dog so that he can eat him, but the dog is too smart and outsmarts the crocodile. 


I also really liked the stories about the cats and weasels. I think it's interesting how the author kind of looped the two of them together. They are similar, yet so different. I thought that the story "The Battle of the Mice and Weasels" is really funny, because you don't really think of the two fighting. The thought of two little mice and weasel armies is really funny and entertaining. 

All of Aesop's Fables were really fun to read. I really enjoyed the British reading unit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment